Course Description: The Basic Rhythm course is designed to give the learner a basic understanding of ECG’s. The course covers the basic anatomy of the heart including the electrical conduction system. The course covers the basics of the ECG complexes and determination of the Basic Cardiac Rhythms that can be seen.
- Anatomy: basic anatomy including the heart, valves, blood vessels, conduction system
- Electrophysiology: depolarization and repolarization
- ECG-complexes: P wave, PQ interval, QRS complex, ST segment, T wave, J point
- Premature complexes: Premature atrial, junctional and ventricular complexes, ventricular multigeminy
- Ventricular complexes: Ventricular escape complexes, run of PVC’s, sustained/non-sustained VT
- Rhythm analysis: Sinus rhythm, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, VT, torsades de pointes, VF, blocks
- Determination of rate: Determination of bradycardia, tachycardia, regular and irregular rhythm
Course Length: 8 hours
Contact us to schedule a class for your needs.